Sunday, November 18, 2012

Being Sick & Caring for Natural Hair

Being sick and caring for natural hair isn't easy, but it can be done.  Like most people, I catch the common cold from time to time.  I caught a cold recently and didn't know if I had the strength to be bothered with my hair.  My usual regimen is to moisture at night doing the LOC method.  This consists of a Liquid, Oil and Creme.  I usually use my spray bottle of whatever liquid I'm using.  The liquid could be plain water or in my case Aloe Vera Juice mixed with castor oil.   After applying the Aloe Vera Juice and castor oil mix to my hair, I apply my creme mix.  My creme mix is usually a creamy styler ie: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie or Eden's Body Works Peppermint Hair Milk.  I mix the creamy styler with an oil and more Aloe Vera Juice.

Since I've been sick though, I've had to revise my regimen by just using my cream mix.  Because I have a bad head cold, I didn't want to saturate my hair with my liquid oil mix and apply my creme mix.  For the last 4 days, I've just been using my creme mix only and it's worked great.  My hair is soft and moisturized and not dry.  Luckily, my head cold wasn't too bad and I was able to keep my hair moisturized.  This is my first time getting a cold with natural hair, so I was unclear about how to care for my hair.  Applying my cream mix worked for me and I'm glad I wasn't so sick that I neglected my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment