Monday, November 26, 2012

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals

There were a number of natural hair companies offering discount prices and free shipping for Black Friday and Cyber Monday this year.  Some companies were very familiar and others I have never heard of.

In order for me to take advantage of any deal, it had to meet certain guidelines.  My guidelines were as follows:

 1.  Whatever I purchased must be more than 20% off
 2.  The shipping had to be reasonable
 3.  The product must be something I used and not something I just wanted to try

I had a list of products I wanted to purchase and companies that were offering deals.  Upon closer review of some of the deals, I noticed that either the shipping fees were insane or you had to purchase a certain amount in order to get the deal.  There were some great deals and some not so great deals.  I ended up purchasing 2 jars of "Beauty Boss 101" from Karen's Body Beautiful.  It was 30% off if you spent $25.00 or more and the shipping was a flat rate.  This is the only product I've ever purchased from Karen's Body Beautiful and I absolutely loved it and therefore didn't mind purchasing it again.

Another company that seemed to have a great deal was Eden's Body Works.  Their deal was 50% off everything.   Before hitting that "confirm order button" I noticed that they were charging me $36.00 in shipping for 6 products.  I immediately cancelled the order.  I would be better off purchasing this at the regular price at Walmart.  This ended up not being a good deal.

Hopefully next year some of these companies will get their act together and not mislead us into thinking 50% off is a great deal even though they'll make it back in the shipping.




No comments:

Post a Comment