Friday, November 2, 2012

Intro to my beautiful natural hair journey

My natural hair journey began without me even knowing it at first.  I decided to stop perming my hair when I realized my hair was severely damaged.  After taking my weave out in September 2011, I discovered my hair was falling out.  I had no idea what to do, but one thing was clear "I couldn't perm my hair ever again".  I started braiding my hair with extensions since it was the only thing I could do to mask the damage and give my hair a break.  I barely had enough hair to put in braids, but I was successful. I continued braiding my hair and eventually cut the damaged hair off slowly.  By February 2012 I began watching youtube videos and just put in the search engine "natural hair".  I wasn't prepared for what I found.  A wealth of information on how to grow your hair naturally and make it look fabulous.  It was an epiphany for me.  At that point, it was clear I was transitioning into natural.  It wasn't until 5/03/2012 that I finally decided to BC.  I've haven't looked back since.


No comments:

Post a Comment